Niste prijavljeni

Dragi posjetioče, Dobrodošli na Otvoreni Forum - Novi Pazar. Ukoliko je ovo Vaša prva posjeta molimo vas pročitajte Pomoć. U pomoći je objašnjeno kako ovaj forum radi. Morate biti registrirani kako bi vidjeli sve teme i sve forume. Molimo vas da se registrirate ili da ovdje pročitate kako se registrirati. Ukoliko ste već registrirani molimo ulogirajte se ovdje.

Optimus

Zlatna sredina

(10)

• »Optimus« je muško
  • »Optimus« je autor ove teme

Datum registracije: 17.04.2007

• Poruku poslati

Srijeda, 25. Juli 2007

Clanci i tekstovi o NP

Evo nadjoh na internetu jedan clanak o NP tj poseta Davida Lublina Novom Pazaru i evo njegovih utisaka.

Ako neko naidje na ovakve tekstove moze ih ovde postaviti....

[SIZE=3]Good Morning, Novi Pazar!
[/SIZE]

Courtesy
People in Novi Pazar are generally very courteous and generous to outsiders. When I went out with people for a coffee, a drink, or a meal, it was simply impossible, and to my hosts unthinkable, for me to pay. Last night, I had to let a small group of high school students treat me to ćevapčići and pogača, the delicious local specialty of grilled sausages and a doughy pita, washed down with yoghurt.

When I remarked upon this to a local observer, she remarked “Yes, but we are not so kind to each other.” While these may appear to be the words of a cynic, they contain at least a dollop of truth. People may be kind to guests but they also may be suspicious of outsiders, especially ones outside of their circle or from different groups in the areas.

Shopping
One of the real charms of Novi Pazar is how it is dotted with small shops selling just one item. Down the street from my hotel, coffee wafts out as it is freshly ground from the beans. No Starbucks here, you choose which beans you want ground for your family straight from the bag. Another has stacks of fresh eggs in various sizes. Across the bridge, many stores, labled “Zlatara”, specialize in gold jewelery.

Walking
Novi Pazar is geographically a small city but a lot of people live here. Even if many people are leaving the Sandžak, others are also leaving rural areas to move here, the capital of the region. The narrow streets are choked with traffic—“If you don’t like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk” is more than a saying here.—but many people walk everywhere which is easy is such a densely populated city.

Every evening, people—especially unmarried people—go out walking with their friends in a manner that would not surprise people familiar with the passeo in Spain or passegiata in Italy. Generally, though not always, segregated by gender, these groups constantly change in size as new people join and other leave.

In some ways, the gender segregation is a plus: it makes it easier to cast eyes upon someone who catch your interest as you pass. Few make plans in advance as you’re bound to run into everyone and there is no need to drive anywhere. There is not much to do in terms of specific activities in any case. Just like in the US, teenagers constantly phone and text each other on their mobile phones.

All of this walking may help explain why people in Novi Pazar are much thinner than Americans. One doesn’t need to pay for a gym membership when an evening constitutional is built into the day. And the diet is not low in fat with lots of grilled meats and bread. Even salads often have cheese piled on top. On the other hand, the portions are not always supersized like at the Cheesecake Factory.

Fake
Novi Pazar is the Serbian capital of fake and pirated goods. Well known for making jeans, though many factories have closed due to Chinese competition, you can buy pirated copies of virtually every western brand here from Abercrombie to Zegna. There is even a fake McDonald’s with golden arches called “Mr. Donald’s”

Style
Even if most of the clothes are copies, people in Novi Pazar still like to dress in the latest styles. Most people appear to take great care with how they look before they go out, especially for the evening, just like in Belgrade. Except for women in long skirts or tops designed to conform to their interpretation of Islamic law, baggy is out and tight is in. I can also report that the fake mohawk has made it to Novi Pazar.

Time
Time appears flexible in the Novi Pazar in a way that can be hard for this American to understand. People are often busy and work hard. At the same time, there are plenty of people who appear to while away much of day chatting with friends, often over Turkish coffee in a café. Others gamble in the numerous Kladionica (bars and sports betting halls) that dot Novi Pazar.

Things often don’t start at the time specified and plans are flexible. One is tempted to label this a “southern European” attitude but it may have something to do with time being the one commodity many have people have here. Many people are unemployed or underemployed. Social interaction is the one form of fun anyone can afford. It could also be a hangover from the Communist period when “they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work.”

Leaving
I’m getting ready to leave Novi Pazar today. I’m not the only one thinking about going. According to some surveys, around eighty percent of young Serbs think seriously about emigrating. When I spoke to high school students at a local NGO last night, one bright young man asked me about the easiest way to get a U.S. visa.

One young woman asked me what I thought of Novi Pazar and then immediately answered her own question by saying: “You don’t have lie, we don’t like our city.” Perhaps ironically, this was a group of students who were much more than most engaged politically to promote change in their town. Even if they don’t leave Yugoslavia, many are likely to see their fortunes in Sarajevo or Belgrade.

The steady departure of people like them, especially under Milosevic, makes it very hard to change Serbia. An entire generation of the most educated and motivated people in Serbia have gone abroad in search of greater opportunity. They may send money home, but they don’t come back except to visit or to retire. And they are not around to help Serbia grow economically and politically.

David Lublin May 25, 2007 - 5:36am
Nemoj ništa silom, uzmi veći čekić!

Social bookmarks